Us



I have written very few reviews in the past five months. Partly that’s because I am in the process of moving to another province (which is a tremendous amount of work) and partly that’s because very few films released in the past five months were worth watching. When Jordan Peele’s new film came out with rave reviews that compared Us favourably with Get Out, saying it was funny, intelligent, profound and socially relevant, I decided to give it a look, despite my lack of interest in horror films.


Big mistake. I did not think Us was funny, scary, intelligent, profound or socially relevant (not that it didn’t try), and I predicted all of the surprise twists in the first ten minutes. This film was a complete waste of my time and the only thing good about it was the performance of Lupita Nyong’o. Incredibly disappointed in the film and in the critics who praised it. I will not waste any more of my time by writing more. My mug is down. 

Comments

Popular Posts