To Sean Connery

Perhaps my all-time favourite actor (certainly my FIRST favourite actor, after watching Dr. No and From Russia With Love at the theatre one marvellous day in 1972) has died (at age 90). I was first introduced to Connery’s work at the age of 13, when I saw Darby O’Gill and the Little People at the theatre (re-release of the 1959 Disney film). Three years later I watched the re-release of the first two James Bond films and Connery was my hero. While those two Bond films remain among my favourites, I most admired Connery’s acting in Outland, The Name of the Rose and The Russia House, all three of which are, in my opinion, very underrated films. But I enjoyed watching Connery in almost every film he played (notable exceptions were The Avengers (1998) and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which I thought were very much not worthy of his talents).

Thanks for all the memories, Sean.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts